Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Thrifted shearling overcoat (as if I needed any more coats!) – Casaco de carneira em 2ª mão (como se eu precisasse de mais casacos!)

 Hello dear friends and readers, hope all is well. A little while ago I mentioned attending to a friend’s garage sale and purchasing a coat, so here it is. Those of you who have known me for longer will understand why I couldn't leave this beauty behind, it spoke to me the minute I saw it. I've always loved exquisite details, valuing the materials and notions used in garment making (like these fabulous buttons!) and I also admire original designs and shapes, even more if these features coexist with wearability, comfort and warmth. The coat is made from faux shearling, unlined and it’s in mint condition. I’m wearing it with an ivory knit sweater, burgundy patent leather mini-skirt, my (old) suede OTK boots (this time I’m wearing them folded down for a change) and an also old suede bag. 

My blogging activity has slowed down, as you most surely have noticed, and I will probably take a break from outfit posting during the upcoming holidays (I haven’t decided yet). On December 19th I will have a small surgery to remove a mole that appeared on my left foot, or at least I've never noticed it there because it’s located right between the toes (fingers crossed, I’m hoping the tests results will be negative for melanoma). In the days following the surgery I will have to rest and then it will be Christmas. My dermatologist says that I shouldn't wear heels or play active sports for at least two weeks after the surgery. 

You all have a wonderful day, see you next time! 

Follow on Facebook / Follow on Bloglovin 
--- 

Olá queridos leitores e amigos, espero que estejam bem. Há uns dias contei-vos que fui a uma venda de garagem, onde comprei um casaco em 2ª mão; pois aqui está ele, muito bonito, não acham? Quem me segue há mais tempo compreende a razão pela qual não resisti a este casaco, que me prendeu a atenção mal o vi. Sempre gostei de detalhes exclusivos e materiais de qualidade na confeção de roupa (como estes fabulosos botões!). Admiro cortes e formas originais em casacos desde que coexistam com a funcionalidade e usabilidade da peça, e este casaco tem tudo. Hoje estou a usá-lo com uma sweater de malha pérola, saia de napa brilhante bordéus, botas de camurça sobre o joelho (já antigas e usadas dobradas, para variar) e uma bolsa que também já tem uns anos. 

A minha atividade no blogue tem diminuído, como devem ter reparado, e é provável que faça uma pausa durante a época festiva (ainda não decidi). No dia 19 tenho marcada uma pequena cirurgia para remover um sinal que me apareceu no pé esquerdo (pelo menos nunca reparei que ele lá estava; fica num sítio bem escondido, entre dois dedos do pé). Esperemos que as análises não detetem nenhum tipo de melanoma… Nos dias a seguir à cirurgia é suposto evitar estar muito tempo de pé e depois logo a seguir será Natal. O meu dermatologista também me indicou que não deverei usar saltos altos nem fazer desportos intensos durante pelo menos as duas semanas seguintes à operação.

Tenham todos um ótimo dia, até à próxima!

Seguir no Facebook / Seguir no Bloglovin 





(All photos by me)
(Todas as fotos tiradas por mim)

8 comments:

  1. STYLISH AND LOOKS WARM
    http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2014/12/hello-winter-with-bunny-ear-embellished.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous coat! I'll keep fingers crossed that the mole is benign!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't have passed that coat up either. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wishing you the bast for the op.
    The coat does look great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Olá Tany!
    Gosto do teu look e o casaco parece bem quentinho!
    Desejo que a tua operação corra bem.
    Beijinhos de Lisboa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This coat is super, you had to get it hun! Hope everything is ok sweets!
    Baci,
    Coco et La vie en rose - Valeria Arizzi

    ReplyDelete
  7. O casaco é lindo e não estranho de o teres comprado. Espero que tudo corra bem na pequena cirugia.
    bjs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope everything will be ok and you will enjoy the Christmas spirit with open heart and in peace, wishing you the best dear Tany! Hugs!
    P.S: you look polished and elegant as always dear friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Obrigada por partilharem o que pensam!