Monday, January 27, 2014

New self-made boucle dress – Novo vestido de bouclé feito por mim


Today I’m wearing my new dress that I’ve made in the weekend (pattern from the BurdaStyle February issue, it’s the cover model on the Portuguese edition - sewing review will be up later on my sewing blog). If you look closer, the fabric has some green, orange and violet threads; it’s a fine boucle fabric with a brushed finish on the wrong side so it doesn’t need a lining for comfort. I’ve paired my new dress with a green fur vest that I’ve made some years ago (click here for the sewing review). The belt was a gift from my sister in-law and the bag is vintage Furla (I believe it's from the 90's), I bought it on eBay some time ago. This dress is optimal for layering, since the fabric is medium weight yet it has short sleeves… I’ve been seeing a lot of dresses worn over pants so I also plan on wearing it with leather leggings and I can also picture it with skinny jeans and a jeans shirt underneath. Have a great day everybody!
---
Hoje estou a usar um vestido novo que fiz no fim-de-semana (o molde é da edição de Fevereiro da BurdaStyle; na edição Portuguesa é o modelo da capa – o artigo sobre os detalhes de costura será publicado mais tarde no Couture Et Tricot). Se olharem bem para o tecido, vão reparar que tem fios verdes, laranja e violeta; é um tecido bouclé, em que o avesso tem um acabamento escovado, daí este vestido não precisar de forro. Estou a usar este vestido com um colete de pelo verde que fiz há uns anos (cliquem aqui para os detalhes de costura). O cinto foi um presente da minha cunhada e a bolsa é vintage da Furla (creio que um modelo típico dos anos 90), comprada no eBay há algum tempo. Este vestido é ótimo para construir sobreposições, pois apesar de ser sido feito de um tecido de peso médio, tem mangas curtas. Tenho visto muitos looks de vestidos usados sobre calças ultimamente, por isso talvez venha a usar este vestido com leggings de cabedal, ou até sobre uma camisa de ganga e jeans justos. Tenham um órimo dia!





4 comments:

  1. Great look - boots and belt are amazing!
    I nominated you for the Liebster award!
    xxx
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uau, o vestido é lindo!!!!

    Estás cheia de garra, continua!

    Bjs

    Mónica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Obrigada por partilharem o que pensam!